Search displays only first page?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

terrypin

Search displays only first page?

Post by terrypin »

In two different browsers I get the same behaviour. For example, a search for Author ben_josephs, or terrypin, displays page 1 only. Headed 1494 and 66 hits respectively. But clicking Next or 2 or any number gives an error message in TextPad 7.6.4 (64-bit Edition):
No topics or posts met your search criteria
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Same here.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Quoting part of my reply to "What is this symbol?":
I and others have raised and recognized this issue already, but so far nobody wants to migrate this phpBB installation to a more recent one: In the meanwhile use the board search with at least thinking a few steps ahead, combining multiple of the following points:
  • Want to see all posts of someone? Use the Search for Author textbox with the username. Of course: can be your own, too.
  • In Display results as choose Topics - this will yield much more results on one page than using Posts.
  • In Sort by consider using Ascending if you rather want to find old than new content.
  • In Search for Keywords make sure that you tick Search for all terms because otherwise you get too many results matching only one of the terms instead of having EVERY word.