which version of textpad is compatible with j2sdk-1.4?????

Using the Java SDK with TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

sharad022

which version of textpad is compatible with j2sdk-1.4?????

Post by sharad022 »

I have downloaded j2sdk-1.4 and textpad 5.2. but when i compile it or run it does come up with any solution. i have edited the variable's environment.
it really piss me off.....

please mail me if you have any suggestion on itsmesharad@msn.com
Last edited by sharad022 on Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
be cool, stay cool.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

You do not really expect a solution for your problem with that problem description (if you dare to call that a problem description)
sharad022

Post by sharad022 »

hello mudguard,
now what do ya expect to say more. :twisted:

actually back in the collage time i have used java 1.4 and textpad 3.5 or 4.... then it worked pretty well... but now when i installed textpad latest version it doesnt support java 1.4. :(

everytime i hit the compile button of run it doesnt come up with opening a web brower. now i guess i explained very much.... now if u feel that u need more info then hit me???? thanks anyways.... :P
be cool, stay cool.
Alan-LB

Post by Alan-LB »

Why java 1.4? :roll:

The rest of us nerds are on JDK 1.6_06

Alan
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Why would you expect Textpad to open a web browser when you compile a java file?

Why would you expect Textpad to open a web browser when you run a Java program?

You say you edited the variable's environment. What does that mean?
Do you want to say you edited the value of an environment variable? If so, which variable did you edit, which value did you give it?

Your information about the java versions is confusing, the title says j2sdk-1.4, the text of the first posting says j2sdk-1.2, the second posting speaks of java 1.4.

You just say that Textpad doesn't open a web browser when compiling. But you don't say what Textpad does. Does it give any error messages?

Your messages so far have the quality of someone walking to the garage, telling the mechanican "My car doesn't drive, what's wrong with it?".

_We_ don't know what is installed on your machine and what exactly is happening on your machine when you compile your files. _YOU_ have to tell us, otherwise we can't help.
agnul

Post by agnul »

Has someone already mentioned good old uncle eric? :D
sharad022

Post by sharad022 »

hello Alan-LB,

ya i can use the latest version of java i.e jdk 1.6 but there is one problem with that. the programs which i wrote in jdk 1.4 wont be able to run in latest version.
be cool, stay cool.
sharad022

Post by sharad022 »

hello MudGuard,

my environment variable are :

classpath : ;.;
path : C:\jdk1.4\bin

and about the java version its jdk 1.4. comon it is mention on the "SUBJECT" off-course i made mistake is the massage, now i have correct it.

my Textpad doesn't display any error and message about encountering the error.

and listen u garbage, i'm not pro in java and just a beginner so if wanna help thn thats well n good, otherwise those language will not be appreciated....
be cool, stay cool.
Alan-LB

Post by Alan-LB »

You say "those language will not be appreciated...." after having called someone "u garbage"!

That does not compute! :P

It would be nice to think that anyone studying a computer language is aiming at becoming a professional and would behave accordingly.

Also "massage" is a lot different to "message" :lol:

Alan
sharad022

Post by sharad022 »

Alan-LB wrote:You say "those language will not be appreciated...." after having called someone "u garbage"!

That does not compute! :P

It would be nice to think that anyone studying a computer language is aiming at becoming a professional and would behave accordingly.

Also "massage" is a lot different to "message" :lol:

Alan
hooops!!! massage :shock: :shock: my mistake!!
be cool, stay cool.