PythonV2.4.syn file will not activate

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

WinCrazy

PythonV2.4.syn file will not activate

Post by WinCrazy »

I initially got the PythonV2.4.syn file to work on one PC but refuses to work on any other. I used the wizard in all cases. Everything seems to be set up right, but the code syntax for .py files won't colorize. Any suggestions ?
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Make sure that each machine has a class set for those files, that the syntax file is on the machine, and the syntax file is defined for that class.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
WinCrazy

PythonV2.4.syn file won't work

Post by WinCrazy »

I did exactly that in all cases. It's simply won't work again. I don't know what else to check.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Have you put a check mark in the box to enable syntax highlighting?

Configure/Preferences/Document classes/Python/Syntax
Put a checkmark in the box, and enter the name of the syntax file. Be sure to pick the file from the combo box vs. just entering the name. If the file is not in the combo list, check the settings for Configure/Preferences/Folders/Macros and make sure it is correct, and that the syntax file is in that folder.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
WinCrazy

Python 2.4 plug-in

Post by WinCrazy »

Yup, did all that - no luck.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Have you checked all the other document classes (especially those below the python one) whether one of them contains the .py files?
WinCrazy

Post by WinCrazy »

I finally stumbled across the problem. I set the file types as .PY and .PYW when they needed to be set as *.PY and *.PYW !

Thanks for all your help.[/u]
Dick7

Re: PythonV2.4.syn file will not activate

Post by Dick7 »

WinCrazy wrote:I initially got the PythonV2.4.syn file to work on one PC but refuses to work on any other.
Is there a PythonV2.5.syn available? The lastest version of Python is 2.5.2..
Dick
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/synn2t.html

"These add-ons to TextPad are made available on an as-is basis. They are free and unsupported, although we will endeavor to fix any bugs.

We gratefully acknowledge these contributions from our users, who are credited below. Please let them know if you find their contributions useful.

If you would like to make your own contributions, please send them to support AT textpad.com."

It does not appear that anyone has contributed a 2.5 version so you are welcome to help others out and bring a 2.4 up to snuff or create your own.
I choose to fight with a sack of angry cats.