macros stop working inversion 5

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

webber123456

macros stop working inversion 5

Post by webber123456 »

I am unable to use existing macros in version 5, try to run them and they either don't work at all or work incorrectly.

when I reinstall version 4.73, they still work as recorded.....

Version 5 has many problems.....
joconnell

Post by joconnell »

I've encountered the same issue - none of my macros work with TP5 but still work in 4.7.3

Any chance of a response from Helios?

Johno
helios

Post by helios »

In order to troubleshoot this problem, we need to have some of the macros that don't work. Please send the .tpm files to "support@textpad.com" with a full description of their function.
Helios Software Solutions
joconnell

Post by joconnell »

In order to troubleshoot this problem, we need to have some of the macros that don't work. Please send the .tpm files to "support@textpad.com" with a full description of their function.
I can't do that as the sending of attachments from my office email is restricted. Can I upload TPM files anywhere on textpad.com?
helios

Post by helios »

Thanks to several users, we have already recieved a number of macros for testing, so there is no need to send anymore.
Helios Software Solutions
svivian

Post by svivian »

I had the same problem. Macros all worked nice n perfectly in 4.7.3, now in 5.0 they don't do anything. There appear to be a bunch of macros in my Samples folder and some more in Application Data\Textpad.

Also, all the macro keyboard shortcuts have totally messed up, they've each changed to a different one (I had one to insert <b></b> tags around selection with Ctrl+B, now it's Ctrl+Alt+1 which was the one I had for <h1></h1> tags).

The reason in my case is most likely because I copied all the macros across from the original Textpad 4 folder to the new Textpad folder and deleted Textpad 4 (since the exe and some other files were deleted automatically I assumed it was not needed...).
svivian

Post by svivian »

UPDATE: okay I just recorded some new macros and NONE OF THEM WORK!

Screw this, I'm going back to v4.
Worst. Software update. Ever.