Tile Windows in 5.0

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

PaulSoderlind

Tile Windows in 5.0

Post by PaulSoderlind »

What has happened to "tile windows" in 5.0? The "Window" on the menu shows only "split" (and the file names).

Any hints?

Paul Soderlind
Sharbotcom

Post by Sharbotcom »

Paul:

Under View on the menu bar deselect Document Tabs, Now you cna tile, etc. When in Tab mode this is not allowed.

Bill
tarraccas

Post by tarraccas »

I just noticed the tile windows button is below the standard window minimize, maximize and close buttons in the upper right corner. It appears to work with tabs on.
~T
Sharbotcom

Post by Sharbotcom »

tarraccas wrote:I just noticed the tile windows button is below the standard window minimize, maximize and close buttons in the upper right corner. It appears to work with tabs on.
What OS are you using? I'm using XP and don't have the tile button visible.

Thanks,
Bill
tarraccas

Post by tarraccas »

Sharbotcom wrote:What OS are you using? I'm using XP and don't have the tile button visible.
Correction. That's the cascading windows button I was mistakenly referring to as the tile window button. I agree with your assessment. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up. :oops:
~T
p3sullivan

Post by p3sullivan »

Ok, I get it. If you normally use document tabs and you want to view the open documents Tiled you now have to hop thru these hoops

1) click View-> Document Tabs to unselect this option.

2) click Window -> Tile (Horiz/Vert) which now appear after unselect Doc tabs.

3) click on View-> Document Tabs

4) click on the Document Restore (right under the TextPad Windows Restore but poorly named Window Restore as well)

Done! you finally have the same view that just took one click in 4.x

Helios - Please, Please, Please change this back!!!
Thanks,
Patrick
nfhamilton

Tiles vs doc-tabs

Post by nfhamilton »

I may have just a few windows up in the tiled mode but have MANY more minimized that I need quick access to. I NEED the document tabs AND the ability to tile windows at the same time!

I also am asking to please, Please, PLEASE put it back the way it was!

In an unrelated item, I have twitchy Alt-F S fingers (lost too many files in the past) and don't see why TextPad 5.X can't just do a NOP if I save an unchanged file (as 4.X did) rather than stalling on the File menu as 5.0 does now. Can this also be changed back? Or at least allow us to select the style in a configuration setting?
ben_josephs

Re: Tiles vs doc-tabs

Post by ben_josephs »

nfhamilton wrote:don't see why TextPad 5.X can't just do a NOP if I save an unchanged file (as 4.X did) rather than stalling on the File menu as 5.0 does now.
Try <Ctrl+S>.