Textpad And Windows Vista

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

dmurty26

Textpad And Windows Vista

Post by dmurty26 »

Will Textpad 4.7.3 work on Windows Vista. Vista should be available to MSDN subscribers in the next couple of weeks and I am think about upgrading my development machine. But I was curious if there would be any issues with Textpad and Windows Vista.

Thanks,
jameslikestobike

Using it right now...

Post by jameslikestobike »

I'm using it right now!

Hint: Use the font consolas. It's basically Apple's Monaco, and extremely easy on the eyes.

Side note: TP looks pretty crap in Vista. Any plas to continue development guys (gals?), or is TP totally dead in the water? Your website hasn't changed much in 3-4+ years. I'm guessing it's dead .... what a shame.
<shamelessplug>
My Amature Photography Site
http://photogallery.hopto.org
</shamelessplug>
kg2v

Post by kg2v »

Yeah - consolas is great. I've noticed that for some reason, Textpad seems a bit sluggish under Vista - any hints?
Archalien

Post by Archalien »

It may be me but TextPad does not install into right-click context menu properly in vista 32 or 64 which really limits my productivity with this software. As it is a feature Im sooo used to, its such a kick in the crotch when its not available.

There are a handful of "New" textpad version threads, while new features would be nice, getting existing features working would be even better.

Any Helios guys still patrolling here regularly with any info on a fix for this or other possible options/details....?
vsharma

Modifying conf files with Textpad in Vista

Post by vsharma »

Had some issues when using textpad to modify conf files for e.g. Apache's httpd.conf.
Summary: changes made in notepad were not getting reflected in Textpad and vice versa and at runtimes Vista was using the files modified using notepad.
Anyways wrote a small how to in my blog here, hopefully will help.
http://www.mastilounge.com/blogs/vista/
If there is any better solution, please do post, cause I am curious
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

I see that the Supported Platforms listed on the TextPad home page only run up to Windows XP currently.

I think it would be reasonable to expect some sort of statement on compatibility from Helios, either in the homepage, FAQ or in this forum.
Baldeagle812

Vista & Textpad

Post by Baldeagle812 »

Due to a disc replacement, I decided to go the Vista route on rebuild. I installed Textpad 4.73 and seems to work perfectly well, however, having entered my serial number, when I reboot my pc, Textpad reverts back to evalutation copy, and I have to re-enter my licence key

I have full admin rights and disabled the UAC, and I have tried editing the registry direct, nothing seems to work.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Cheers

Steve