Somewhat unimportant
8%
Unimportant, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad remains unaffected
8%

Total votes: 13

MattDarg

Would be good if Find In Files settings were per workspace

Post by MattDarg »

I use TextPad for general code editing, and I have a different workspace set up for each product / branch etc. This means I get all the appropriate files in front of me, and can switch between products easily.

However, one of the things I do most regularly is the "Find In Files" function. I pretty much always want to search in a different directory for each workspace- to find function usage etc. However, the most recently used (MRU) search directories are a global thing and not per workspace.

I think it would be useful if the Find In Files MRU lists of directories, file types and probably, for consistency, search terms were saved per workspace.

I imagine it would be a small change but would make a significant difference to my day to day coding. Would anyone else find this useful?
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

And/or just a radio button to grey out files and folders options to enable a search in the current workspace.

Cheers,

Steve
nyugi

Post by nyugi »

MattDarg wrote:I think it would be useful if the Find In Files MRU lists of directories, file types and probably, for consistency, search terms were saved per workspace.
I totally agree.
Nyugi
Moz

also tools-run

Post by Moz »

I use tools ru a fair bit, often with some permutation of two options - like dir <params> <directory> where there's 3 or 4 of each and I don't want to have to add each possibility to the tools menu.