64kB limit

General questions about using WildEdit

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

g4gxl

64kB limit

Post by g4gxl »

I know the trial version was limited to 10kB, but I wasn't expecting a 64kB limit on maximum file size after paying.

Did I miss something ?
Will this limit be increased ?

Thanks,
Steve
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

This 64 kb limit is used on the test file only, which is loaded into memory and operared on there using F3, Ctrl-F3 and F4. - HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
g4gxl

Post by g4gxl »

Oops ! Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have RTFM, it's there in the Testing section.

Cheers,
Steve
dhayduk

64k limit

Post by dhayduk »

s_reynisson wrote:This 64 kb limit is used on the test file only, which is loaded into memory and operared on there using F3, Ctrl-F3 and F4. - HTH
This was also unclear to me...and caused quite a bit of muttering under my breath (especially since I had just purchased the license after trying it out for a few days).

Two suggestions:

1. Make the error message specifically mention the test window. Right now it simply says "Cannot load files > 64 KB".

2. Offer to load the first 64KB. If I'm testing an expression, most likely what I'm looking for will be in that first 64K (heck, most of the time I'm replacing things on every line). This makes it easier than having to pull up TextPad, open the large file, delete lots of stuff and save as new file. Then go back to WildEdit and test with new file...
ID_Guy

Is there a max file size?

Post by ID_Guy »

Hi All,

Pardon the newbie question, but I am hoping to search a text file that is 68 mg. Can Wildedit handle that?

Thanks