TextPad vs. RTF file

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

insitus

TextPad vs. RTF file

Post by insitus »

Since TextPad is a very versatile program, I am tempted to ask another question.

I am wondering whether there is a way to open RTF files on TexPad and vice versa (saving txt files as rtf files). Satoshi
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

TextPad is designed as an editor of plain text files. We could have implemented a converter from RTF, but it would have been dangerous for the unwary, because the formatting information cannot be preserved in plain text. You can use WordPad to open RTF files and save them as plain text files.

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
tteeples

TextPad vs. RTF File

Post by tteeples »

Hi Keith,
I really need to put a word in here as this is the second post I have seen requesting something like this. Although I sometimes wish that I could highlight sections of a document I am working on, I work quite frequently on RTF documents, and I open them in TextPad all the time.
The problem is that when I open an RTF document, I expect and need to see the RTF codes. That is what I work with. This is the major reason that I have TextPad at all, since MSWord is not very friendly this way.
So I am afraid that my vote would be to leave as is on this particular issue. Sorry.
:)