Support for unicode filenames & display

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

What extra unicode support would you want?

Support for unicode file names
No votes
Support for unicode file names
No votes
Support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Left->Right scripts only)
8%
Support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Left->Right scripts only)
No votes
Support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Bidirectional scripts)
15%
Support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Bidirectional scripts)
No votes
Support for unicode file names AND support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Left->Right scripts only)
8%
Support for unicode file names AND support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Left->Right scripts only)
No votes
Support for unicode file names AND support for display of non-ANSI characters in unicode documents (Bidirectional scripts)
46%
Things are fine as they are
23%

Total votes: 13

ajmas

Support for unicode filenames & display

Post by ajmas »

Currently Textpad can not open files which have non-ANSI filenames. Also it can not display characters in a unicode encoded document, that are outside of the ANSI (CP-1225) range, even if it can open them.

Non-ANSI characters are basically anything that aren't in the basic latin encoding, so this would include a number of Eastern European countries, Greek, Cyrillic, Japanese etc.
ajmas

Post by ajmas »

Any chance a moderator could fix the pole, I think I screwed up when I edited the message. Need to remove the following:

Support for non-ANSI filenames
Display of non-ANSI content in unicode files
Non-ANSI filenames AND display of non-ANSI content in unicode files
Happy the way things are

I cast the first vote, so it can b removed. Sorry about that.
Lumina

Post by Lumina »

Yep, I need full support of Unicode. :)

ps: Ajmas, you could just close/delete this topic and create it again.
Lumina, aventurière des Mondes Fantastiques
LonelyPixel

Post by LonelyPixel »

Yea, would be *very nice* if there was finally FULL UNICODE support in Textpad. Wondering why it's not there anyway... They say you can edit Unicode files etc. on their homepage, but you definitely cannot!

I'm working on an internet bulletin board and would like to be able to edit utf8 language files on my computer, but it just doesn't do the job. Guess I have to use Notepad for this... But its problem is that I just cannot accept those unicode BOM markers, since they make some trouble in PHP :(

Looking at this BabelPad right now, someone posted on this forum.