Document colors don't show

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Neal

Document colors don't show

Post by Neal »

I'm trying out Textpad 4.7, running it on a Win98 machine. I edit HTML documents with it, but I cannot get colors for the various document classes to show up in HTML files. I've fiddled with the Preference settings to no avail. Any suggestions on how to make the colors show up?
bartlett22183

Post by bartlett22183 »

Do you have a syntax file for HTML and do you have it specified correctly under Preferences for an HTML document class? Or maybe I'm not understanding your question correctly.
Paul Bartlett
bartlett@smart.net
Neal

Post by Neal »

I should be more clear. I open an HTML file, and all the text, regardless of the tag, is in black. In Configure-->Preferences-->document class-->HTML-->Colors, various colors are given to different items but none show up in the HTML doc when it is open in TextPad.
webmasta

Post by webmasta »

Did you "enable syntax highlighting" and chose the html definition file??

Try preferences /document classes /html /syntax.

Put a check mark in "enable syntax highlighting" and choose html.syn file from the drop down selectoor.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

Another thing to check is that the file extension of your files is included in the list of members of the HTML document class, and not any other class. Note that "*.html" (or whatever) is required, not just ".html" or "html". Without wildcards, the member is assumed to be an exact file name.

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
Neal

Thanks

Post by Neal »

Thanks Webmasta--you hit the nail on the head. BINGO!
Neal