"The parameter is incorrect" error from offline fo

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ruddg

"The parameter is incorrect" error from offline fo

Post by ruddg »

I have 4.7.0 & Windows XP Pro on a laptop that is using syncronized offline folders. After an upgrade from 4.6.2, things seemed to be fine. I was playing with syntax files and highlighting when I began getting an error. While I am "offline" and attempt to open a text file from within the offline folder, I get "The parameter is incorrect". This then leads to much unstable behavior in Textpad. I did not have this trouble with 4.6.2 and did not notice it immediately after the 4.7.0 upgrade. I have tried reinstalling, removing all Textpad registry entries and all add-on syntax files, and even a System Restore and re-upgrade, but the problem persists. Any ideas :?:
dwalker41

"Parameter incorrect" error in 4.70

Post by dwalker41 »

Trying to use TextPad 4.70, but whenever I open a text file, TextPad reports "Parameter Incorrect" and opens nothing. Result: TextPad is now useless.

Guess I'll have to go back to 4.6x. Somebody please let me know when this bug is fixed.

Thanks.
David W. Walker
dww2@comcast.net
idf

4.7 "parameter incorrect" reading .txt from CD

Post by idf »

I have no problem with 4.7 reading files on my hard drive, but cannot open files on CD. I receive the same pop up error from textpad, "The parameter is incorrect".

If I copy the file from the CD to the desktop, I can then open the file with Textpad.

So the file is good, but the "location" of the file is causing Textpad some problems.
guidosilva

Post by guidosilva »

I'm running windows 2003 enterprise server and is happing the same thing. I tried the Alan solution for dlb-clicking, and for that problem is just work fine, but for this, open a text file from a CD, is showing the Runtime error message. :cry:
jpoling

TextPad 4.7.0 Parameter Error From LAN

Post by jpoling »

When opening java source file:

Double-click yields "The parameter is incorrect." when accessing LAN drive for file.

Have the following:

Windows XP Professional
TextPad 4.7.0
File is java source with UNIX end of line characters.

Obviously I'm not the only one getting this error!
groaner

Post by groaner »

I have the same problem, whenever I try to access a text file on my CD-ROM drive I get a popup message with 'The parameter is incorrect'. This happens if I use the 'File>>Open' menu option or if I am in Windows Explorer and use the 'Send To' option. If I copy the file to my hard drive then I can open it just fine. If I use Microsoft Notepad and access the CD-ROM it opens just fine. What do I need to do get around this problem?

PS I like to do searches to find snippets of code that I have on CDROM. This doesn't work either.
jsaspo

Same thing...

Post by jsaspo »

Just wanted to echo that I'm having the same problem accessing files from CD-ROM.

At least you guys "solved" my problem. I copied them to disk and now I can use them...
mwolf00

Solution....

Post by mwolf00 »

The solution is on page 5 of the following thread:
http://www.textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4099