New Users Tutorial for Macros

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

baronemc

New Users Tutorial for Macros

Post by baronemc »

I have had TextPad for a number of years now, but never delved into the macro mechanism. I have never even tried macros in Excel or 1-2-3.

I was wondering if there isn't a tutorial floating around for building macros with the TextPad recorder. It seems simple, but computers seem to think different "simple" than I do. I pretty much know what I want to do, like taking a vertical column file and turning it into a horizontal row file, but when I try to implement something like that with the macro recorder I just get garbage. Even if the tutorial were just a bunch of examples with MUST DO list and NEVER DO list, and a handful of tips, it would be a big help.

By the way, being able to edit macros would be a great idea. :roll:
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Full agreement on editing macros.

But rather than trying to learn macros in TextPad, I would strongly you look get Macro Scheduler for making your macros. Macro Scheduler is available at http://www.mjtnet.com/index.htm?ref=rmh ... rg_2644641.

Too many features to list here, but you can use it to execute macros in all programs including TextPad. It allows VB scripts to be included. Great EDITOR, scheduler, logging, common English commands, simple syntax, great documentation, instant support. It has macro recorder and editor. It has commands for window positions and sizes, cursor locationing, mouse button triggers, pixel colors, conditional branching, subroutines, read/write ini files, etc.

I have made requests for new features, and seen them implemented in a few days. They read the messages on the forum daily and are very interactive with solutions.

Good luck......
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob