New forums and organization

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

What forum rooms would you like the "General" room to be broken into?

General
9%
General, Wish List
45%
General, Wish List, Technical Support
No votes
General, Wish List, Macros
No votes
General, Wish List, Macros, Technical Support
45%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 11

jeffy

New forums and organization

Post by jeffy »

Thanks, Helios, for the new forums! They seem like a real improvement, at least on first impression. Isn't it nice that newly-posted or -replied-to threads float to the TOP? :lol:

I would like to suggest that the General forum be split into at least "General" and "Wish List". Perhaps "Macros" and "Technial Support", too...

I know these aren't the highest volume forums in the world, but I would especially like to have that wish list forum, to separate this topic from the others.
skaemper

Re: New forums and organization

Post by skaemper »

jeffy wrote:Thanks, Helios, for the new forums! They seem like a real improvement, at least on first impression.
In fact, it looks much more modern, doen't it. :)
jeffy wrote: I would like to suggest that the General forum be split into at least "General" and "Wish List". Perhaps "Macros" and "Technial Support", too...
What about some kind of Scripting language forum? :?:
Wow I love having these emoticons around. :P

Happy editing!

Stephan

PS.: BTW having BBCode - esecially the Code and List part seems to be a great feature. I always had the feeling that posting some code was a bit, er, tedious.
"It's POLYMORPHIC!"
A former colleague
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

:D I have used this forum format before with Macro Scheduler and like it the best of all forums I subscribe to. :D

:idea: (gotta get it.. http://www.mjtnet.com... TextPad and MacroScheduler together are an unbeatable team).

I have a request for you that I also made to Macro Scheduler. They were able to to do it instantly, and it's a big improvement for us users:

:?: 1. Can you copy the "View previous topic/View next topic" line to the bottom of the items in addition to keeping it at the top. You can see the results at http://www.mjtnet.com/usergroup

:?: 2. I have also found that the HTML /emoticons do not work at the cursor location if using Netscape. They do work OK with MSIE. If using Netscape, the coding will be at the end of the text and you will have to cut/paste to correct positions. This appears to be a function of the Forum software and those developers (phpBB) will have to address that. Can you request that they address that problem?

Thanks for the switch to this format, next step is the new topics. That will be another big advantage, go for it...... :D
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

Bob Hansen wrote::?: 2. I have also found that the HTML /emoticons do not work at the cursor location if using Netscape. They do work OK with MSIE. If using Netscape, the coding will be at the end of the text and you will have to cut/paste to correct positions. This appears to be a function of the Forum software and those developers (phpBB) will have to address that. Can you request that they address that problem?
I have also seen this problem, and I use IE. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be noticible, if not annoying.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

A month has gone by with no response from Helios on this matter. Any update available? Thanks for listening (?)
I have a request for you that I also made to Macro Scheduler. They
were able to to do it instantly, and it's a big improvement for us
users:

1. Can you copy the "View previous topic/View next topic" line to
the bottom of the items in addition to keeping it at the top. You can
see the results at http://www.mjtnet.com/usergroup

2. I have also found that the HTML /emoticons do not work at the
cursor location if using Netscape. They do work OK with MSIE. If
using Netscape, the coding will be at the end of the text and you will
have to cut/paste to correct positions. This appears to be a function
of the Forum software and those developers (phpBB) will have to
address that. Can you request that they address that problem?
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob