Selecting text from end to beginning (right to left)

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Ozymandias

Selecting text from end to beginning (right to left)

Post by Ozymandias »

In a text file if I select a text block using the mouse from the last character to the first (right to left) I cannot right click and cut/copy the text highlighted. The text seems to be deselected. I can however drag the selected text to another part of the document.

Selecting text from start to end (left to right) and right clicking works as expected.

Notepad, wordpad, and notepad3 selecting text right to left and right clicking all work as expected.

Is there some setting I'm missing?
AmigoJack

Re: Selecting text from end to beginning (right to left)

Post by AmigoJack »

Cannot reproduce with 8.4.2. Rightclicking is unbound to if it is on the selection or outside. Can you bring up the context menu with the menu key on your keyboard? Does directly cutton/copying the text to the clipboard still work without the context menu (i.e. pressing Ctrl+X or Ctrl+Del/Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Ins)?

Are your mouse settings inverted (left-handed, having the rightclick on the left button)? Do we speak about latin text (written from left to right) or f.e. hebrew text (written from right to left)?
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

I'm using 9.3.0

The context menu come up using the menu key on the keyboard - left to right has cut/copy works, right to left fails (deselects).

Ctrl+X etc works

No inverted mouse & latin text (written left to right)
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

I can confirm that this is a bug which we'll fix in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.