Syntax Highlighting Broken

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Drxenos

Syntax Highlighting Broken

Post by Drxenos »

Syntax highlighting (specifically keywords) seems to be broken in version 8.15 and 9.0.
dvdvnr

Post by dvdvnr »

I'm finding this as well (only tested in 8.15). Reverting to 8.14.2 works as expected.
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

dvdvnr wrote:I'm finding this as well (only tested in 8.15). Reverting to 8.14.2 works as expected.
Thanks. Did you have to uninstall the new version to reinstall the old one, or is there a command line switch to override the version check?
dvdvnr

Post by dvdvnr »

Drxenos wrote:Did you have to uninstall the new version to reinstall the old one, or is there a command line switch to override the version check?
Yes, trying to reinstall the old version over the top wasn't possible - it came up with a dialog box saying it couldn't continue the install. I uninstalled via Windows Settings >> Apps. After reinstalling TextPad all my previous settings were still intact.
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

dvdvnr wrote:
Drxenos wrote:Did you have to uninstall the new version to reinstall the old one, or is there a command line switch to override the version check?
Yes, trying to reinstall the old version over the top wasn't possible - it came up with a dialog box saying it couldn't continue the install. I uninstalled via Windows Settings >> Apps. After reinstalling TextPad all my previous settings were still intact.
Thanks! That's what I was worried about (my settings).
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

This is indeed fixed in 9.0.1 and 8.15.1.

Thank you Helios for the quick response.