copy document properties

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

WayneCa

copy document properties

Post by WayneCa »

I want to be able to copy the document properties shown when pressing ALT-ENTER. I want to create a document comparing the document properties between an original document and an edited copy. Is there a way to do this without having to manually copy all of the fields from each document's properties?
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Yes: ALT+PRINT - in contrast to PRINT alone it won't take a screenshot of the whole desktop but instead only of the focused window. Paste it in your favorite graphic editor (i.e. MS Paint) and position it to your advantage. Repeat the same steps as often as you want for comparison.
WayneCa

Post by WayneCa »

AmigoJack wrote:Yes: ALT+PRINT - in contrast to PRINT alone it won't take a screenshot of the whole desktop but instead only of the focused window. Paste it in your favorite graphic editor (i.e. MS Paint) and position it to your advantage. Repeat the same steps as often as you want for comparison.
I am aware of ALT-PRINT. That is not what I wanted. I wanted to copy the text of the dialog so I could paste it into a new document. I have already done the work of manually transcribing all of the data that I wanted. There are 11 documents I wanted to get the information from, which is why I wanted to be able to just copy and paste.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

If it's only characters words and lines, then you can use Edit/Insert/Statistics for each document and then copy and paste those into a new document.
WayneCa

Post by WayneCa »

bbadmin wrote:If it's only characters words and lines, then you can use Edit/Insert/Statistics for each document and then copy and paste those into a new document.
I didn't know about this. If it's in the documentation I never found it, and I looked for a solution in the help.

Thanks! It's just what I was looking for.