Clearing all keyboard macro assignments

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ineuw

Clearing all keyboard macro assignments

Post by ineuw »

Is it possible to clear all keyboard macro assignments at once, which would restrict the user to the Main menu or toolbars?

A reply is appreciated just to see if the Textpad Forum email notification works. Thanks.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

You can set all keystroke shortcuts back to their defaults by clicking Reset All on Config/Preferences/Keyboard. Does that help?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

bbadmin wrote:You can set all keystroke shortcuts back to their defaults by clicking Reset All on Config/Preferences/Keyboard. Does that help?
Thanks for the reply. I was looking for the opposite. To clear all. I am using AutoHotkey which may conflict with Textpad keyboard assignments. Clearing them all would eliminate this from happening. I tried clearing one by one, but it's not a viable solution.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

There won't be such a solution, since you can't really "erase" shortcuts like ALT+F4 and CTRL+F4. You also don't want to eliminate shortcuts like CTRL+C and CTRL+V - that's just asking for trouble. And you also don't want to eliminate all the accelerator keys (ALT+F or ALT+S then F) in the menus, right?