[SOLVED] Context menu preference is not functioning

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ineuw

[SOLVED] Context menu preference is not functioning

Post by ineuw »

Using Windows 10 v1909 and want access to Textpad on the context menu. Can anyone offer a working solution? . . . Thanks.
Last edited by ineuw on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Have you read All of sudden can't make Textpad default for txt files: Found Solution (as of June 2020)? Is your forum signature still telling the truth?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

AmigoJack wrote:Have you read All of sudden can't make Textpad default for txt files: Found Solution (as of June 2020)? Is your forum signature still telling the truth?
Thanks for the link. The method to register an app through selection worked at one time, but this no longer works for me. Also "Open with" is missing Textpad. At times "Open with" itself is missing. So, I'll wait for a solution since someone always finds one. In the meanwhile, I am trying with Easy Context menu editor to add TP.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
gaverj@gmail.com

Context Menu

Post by gaverj@gmail.com »

I am having the same issue, I have moved to a new machine and after install the open with Textpad is not there. I have changed preferences to off and back to on with no results
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

I ended up using Easy Context menu 1.6 Freeware. It works on all levels of context menus by trial end error.