Cursor appears slightly left of where it should be

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

hermick

Cursor appears slightly left of where it should be

Post by hermick »

I've seen this happen on and on. I'm typing and notice that, instead of the cursor being just to the right of the last letter I typed, the cursor is right on top of it, almost on the left. I think typing works just fine, but it's very distracting. In other words:

Instead of being here|
The cursor is closer to her|e

Again this is a visual problem, and the cursor behaves as if it's in the correct position. Is there a cure for this? I've searched the forum, but found nothing.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Which font are you using?
Is it proportional or non-proportional?
hermick

Post by hermick »

I'm using Arial Regular 10. I suppose if I change to a non-proportional font, that would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it's an intermittent problem, so I won't know immediately if it worked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Morley

Same issue

Post by Morley »

Since upgrading to TextPad 5.4 I noticed on occassion the cursor on some lines shows slightly to the left of the last character. I can type okay but viewing is a bit strange.

My latest incident was on only one line and I could actually cut out the paragraph and replicate the problem on this line only.

Wondering if their is a control code in the background that causes this as the file text was copy and pasted from a web page.

Using Win 7
Ulf

Post by Ulf »