Zoom text with CTRL-mousewheel

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

greenautumn

Zoom text with CTRL-mousewheel

Post by greenautumn »

In many other 'common' tools (like Word, Firefox) zooming the text with CTRL-mousewheel is supported.

I use it often, because I use fontheight 8 or 10, and when I want to show some text to a colleague, I simply zoom in, and show them part of the text to focus on. It reads faster.

Also for myself, if I have to go through a lot of code, which is sometimes hard to read (not due to the size of the font, but the readability of the code itself), I like to zoom in to focus on a bit of the text and then I zoom out to work again.

Also at nights (when I already have worked many hours), I get 'lazy' and I zoom a lot in browsers and tools.... But then I swap to Textpad, and boom, all small characters. And I am not going to change some settings or swap configs to just zoom in for a moment...

Could Textpad support this zooming as well?
OnOddPT

Post by OnOddPT »

I truly support your feature request. It is so vital for me that I can not avoid returning to Notepad++ once in a while for that purpose.
Visual Studio 2010 now has that feature as well.
I believe that it is a must have feature.
Vote + for that new feature.
rmoser2000

Post by rmoser2000 »

This feature would be very useful. I constantly change screen resolutions as I move from my desk to a meeting to home.
mdiom

Zoom on Mouse Wheel

Post by mdiom »

Zoom screen font with mouse wheel - yes please...

Anyone heard anything on this topic yet??
ak47wong

Re: Zoom on Mouse Wheel

Post by ak47wong »

Nobody hears anything on these topics.

It's a wonder people keep posting these enhancement suggestions really :)

Andrew
mdiom

Post by mdiom »

Shame because it such a good little product, I have a technical application that outputs text files and I use Textpad to block grab parts of it to paste into Word etc.