Cursor not following on PageDown/Up

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

vr8ce

Cursor not following on PageDown/Up

Post by vr8ce »

This is surely extraordinarily easy, but I can't find it. I recently installed a new Windows environment, installed TextPad, and in the new environment the cursor, i.e. highlighted line, doesn't follow when doing a Page down or page up. That is, if I press page down, then the down arrow, I'm returned to the previous page, since that's where the cursor stayed when I pressed the Page Down.

I've tried to compare my Preferences in the new environment against the old one, and I'm obviously missing the setting. What is it that will get the cursor to follow on Page down/up? (It follows on Ctrl-Home/End without a problem).

Thanks!
ACRobin

Post by ACRobin »

Long time since I played but I think you want:
Configure -> Preferences -> Editor > Constrain Cursor to text.
vr8ce

Post by vr8ce »

Thanks, that was one of the first things I looked at. It is already checked. I tried unchecking it and re-checking it, that didn't help, either.
helios

Post by helios »

I think you may have inadvertently pressed the Scroll lock key on your keyboard. This would account for the behaviour.
Helios Software Solutions
vr8ce

Post by vr8ce »

helios wrote:I think you may have inadvertently pressed the Scroll lock key on your keyboard. This would account for the behaviour.
Hah, perfect! I knew I'd seen this before. That was it, thank you very much!