TextPad or UltraEdit?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

taguchi wrote:UltraEdit wins, as you would expect.
Not so strange, since about half of the article deals with UE, the other half gives a brief summary of 17 other texteditors. Hardly an "extended review" I'd say.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Very disappointed in the "review" that was referenced.

Maybe I missed the matrix page that had about 400 different functions/features in the left column with each of the 15 procucts across the top and the ranking and details in the boxes below?

Also missed the perspective of the user community.
Evaluated from perspective of NotedPad replacement, programmers, data parsing/conversion community?
Many different user bases that demand some features, and have no need for other features.
The missing matrix page would have been quite helpful to allow users to draw their own conclusions.

Personally I saw no need to switch from TextPad.
Although it may be missing some features/tools as enhancements I would like to see, I still find it the best all-around, general purpose Text Editor for my purposes. And I can continue to recommend it to others with needs similar to mine.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Sheesh kebab, TP and such tools are text editors fcol. I consider my self to be a hardcore TP user but show me a better editor and I'll drop it like a bad habit. Funny though, six years old and still going strong, I'm guessing when you've got it right you've got it right!
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be