V9.5 Paste problem

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Judyn

V9.5 Paste problem

Post by Judyn »

I am trying out V9 in order to get the autosave feature. I'm using V7 now with no problems, but I want this new feature. BUT I can't use it because I can't copy/paste into RootsMagic version 7, my genealogy program. It's not a general problem -- I've only noticed it in this program. Paste seems to work in the latest version of Roogsmagic (which is written in another language) but I don't want to use RootsMagic version 9.

I get the message
paste
cannot open clipboard
access is denied
bbadmin
Site Admin

Re: V9.5 Paste problem

Post by bbadmin »

If TextPad cannot open the clipboard, another process on your computer must have it open. Try closing other programs until the paste works.
Judyn

Post by Judyn »

I guess I did not explain it well. The OTHER PROGRAM cannot access the clipboard. If I close textpad 9 the other program can open the clipboard. No problem from within textpad with opening the clipboard. Textpad apparently has it locked. As soon as I close textpad V9, paste works fine in my other program. It does not lock paste from all programs. No problem with Textpad 7. The textpad version is 9.5.0.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

I've checked that text copied from a document in TextPad 9 can be pasted into MS Word, Outlook emails, Firefox and Edge browsers, and Notepad. How are you doing the copy?

Note that TextPad 7 puts 8-bit ANSI encoded text on the clipboard whereas versions 8 and 9 put 16-bit Unicode text.