Version 9.1.0 - No Search/Replace Dialogs

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

JonathanPDX

Version 9.1.0 - No Search/Replace Dialogs

Post by JonathanPDX »

When attempting to use the Search or Replace functions, no dialog box appears.
In earlier version a dialog would appear with input fields and options, but nothing shows at all in this new version.
AmigoJack

Re: Version 9.1.0 - No Search/Replace Dialogs

Post by AmigoJack »

They're most likely out of reach. Wherever that happens to you (the program doesn't matter):
  • Pay attention if the main window loses its focus. In older Windows versions the title bar would get a different color, so one could quickly tell which window had the focus (speak: was in the foreground). If this is still the case then the expected dialog window is shown.
  • You can't see it, because it's outside the (current) desktop. Windows which are displayed but can't be seen can still be reached via keyboard:
    1. just press Alt+Space to bring up the system menu,
    2. then select Move,
    3. then hit one of the arrow keys (up, down, left, right... doesn't matter which) and
    4. then you can freely move the mouse to see your window again within the bounds of your desktop.
I'm very sure that is the case. Might happen with multiple monitors and afterwards using only one, too.
AndyH

Re: Version 9.1.0 - No Search/Replace Dialogs

Post by AndyH »

Had another go. I got the main textpad window to move. I then tried the Find panel and moved that. First couple of times I tried to move the replace panel nothing happened then I got the System Menu and could move it off the right hand side of my second monitor.

This is not very intuitive, but I have a way of getting around the issue, so thank you.