TP 9.2.0: Search & Replace

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Willem

TP 9.2.0: Search & Replace

Post by Willem »

When I open the Search & Replace Window it looks like the text in both the Search-field and the Replace-field is selected/marked. So when I start typing, I don't know in which field I am typing. It turns out to be the Search-field, which is good, but I think it's confusing. So the behaviour I expect is that when I open the Search & Replace Window, only the text in the active (Search) field is selected/marked.
kikosoft2

Re: TP 9.2.0: Search & Replace

Post by kikosoft2 »

I cannot replicate this problem in TP 9.2.0. When I go to "Search" in the menu, and select menu item "Replace...", I get something like this:
_
replace.png
replace.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 1014 times

What does it look like for you?

I do have to get used to tabbing twice to get from "Find what:" to "Replace with:". Previously you could get there with a single tab, and I've used this daily for years and years. Progress always comes at a cost. :D
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

You can return to single tabbing by hiding the regular expression builder buttons. The option do do this is on Configure/Preferences/Editor.

Both the search and replace strings are selected when the dialog box is opened and nothing is selected in the active document. This will be fixed in the next release.
kikosoft2

Post by kikosoft2 »

Thank you for that tip on the <tab> key in the Search & Replace dialog. That worked.

And yes, when nothing is selected in the document, both inputs are selected. I must had something selected when I tried to replicate this problem.
Willem

Post by Willem »

Thanks for the hint about hiding the regular expression fields. I had the same 'problem' as kikosoft2 :P
And I'm glad the issue with the selected text will be fixed. :D