Stay on top of other windows

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

PhilKE3FL

Post by PhilKE3FL »

Configure/View/ [x] Stay on top of other windows

What is the key combo that turns this on/off? I am ALWAYS accidentally turning it on while I'm typing. This should be a two-hand combination not one I can trip over almost every time I type, granted I have fat fingers but this is VERY annoying!

There has to be a key-combination that turns it on since I do NOT EVER want it on and yet it turns on while I'm typing!
Phil KE3FL
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Alt+Space T

Also, see if there's a shortcut assigned in
Configure | Preferences | Keyboard | Categories: View | Coommands: StayOnTop

You didn't need to post this question six times in three places.
PhilKE3FL

Thanks

Post by PhilKE3FL »

Thanks much Ben, I'll have to watch my fat fingers to see if I ever get close to the Alt-key when I'm pressing the space key, then I'll have to see if I'm trying to type a T as well shortly after & it all comes together at the same time.

Not impossible but sure doesn't seem likely either.

Now, I just have to remember that, which really shouldn't be difficult.

Checked in Configure | Preferences | Keyboard | Categories: View | Commands: StayOnTop

and found both boxes empty so that's not the problem. Just must be my fat fingers but I really don't think I'm trying to quickly press both a T and the space bar near the same time so often - but that is a possibility. Getting Space bar & Alt at the same time is probably far more probable due to my poor typing and thumbs around the Alt-key & space bar on both side of the space bar.

As for posting six times, this was a problem with the forum, I believe, because I tried to post and never received a message saying it posted. I kept trying different ways of posting and received the following each time:

Submit: Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 Incorrect authentication data

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : smtp.php

I then found that I could post to different sections of the forum and posted to the Enhancements section and then I tried the General section and both posted and told me so. That's when I stopped posting the same question again.
Phil KE3FL