Windows 10 and Texpad Preferences

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ineuw

Post by ineuw »

In Preferences\Shortcuts, I selected TP to show in the context menu, but it doesn't show up. Is there a registry key I can modify?

On the other hand Replace Notepad works.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Sounds similar to No context menu. Make sure you started Textpad with administrator privileges before changing the setting, and preferably use the platform version fitting your operating system (i.e. 64bit on 64bit).
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

AmigoJack wrote:Sounds similar to No context menu. Make sure you started Textpad with administrator privileges before changing the setting, and preferably use the platform version fitting your operating system (i.e. 64bit on 64bit).
Apologize for the confusion by my signature. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, TextPad 8.1.2, 64bit, and updated the signature.

I made the setting changes by starting TP as Admin but it doesn't work.
TextPad 8.16.0 64bit in English and TextPad 9.1.0 64bit in French, on two separate Windows installations
jonmcg

Post by jonmcg »

I think I have similar problem with 8.1.2 on windows 10. I have changed colours for search results but they don't apply even if I run as administrator. The colours are correct in preferences. Same settings work with 7.3.0 on windows 7 64bit.
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

I believe that context menu settings are stored in the registry. Can someone provide the registry key name and value?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

It seems that there are numerous minor errors when installing TextPad in Windows 10. This is aside from the fact that Windows 10 is full of many minor, unnecessary and irritating bugs which may well be the source of these problems as Microsoft constantly shifts features around.

I am still looking to get the TextPad listed in the context menu, and if anyone has an idea, please let me know. Starting as Admin and even setting the compatibility to Windows 8, didn't help. (tested and advised by someone in the Windows 10 Forum).