Text scrolling is corrupted following a file Revert

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

rossj

Text scrolling is corrupted following a file Revert

Post by rossj »

Hello,

I have experienced a problem with file Revert in Textpad for quite some time. I was using version 7 and now 8.1.2, running on Windows 7 and now 10, 32 bit. It's been there all the way.

A common task I do is to view log files. As they are being updated frequently, I have auto-reload set to manual, and use the Revert command (added to my toolbar), to reload the latest version of the file. After reverting the file while positioned in the middle of the file somewhere, the text on the screen seems to jump to a location near the top of the file (it varies exactly how many lines down). However, the moment I begin to scroll (either by draging the scroll bar or using the mouse wheel), it is evident that the wrong text is being displayed. It seems that Textpad has a window worth of text that it has already rendered, and it doesn't re-render it until the faulty text has completely scrolled out of view. Srolling up or down (a bit) causes the correct text from the original location (before revert) to begin to appear above or below the faulty text. There is usually a glitch at the boundary where one of the lines of text displayed is comprised of the top and bottom of two different lines!

I keep hoping this will be fixed... but alas it has not. It's clearly a bug. Is this forum the right place to report it? I don't see any mention of anywhere else to report bugs.

Thanks, Ross