Macros

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

MarkN

Macros

Post by MarkN »

I have copied over the USERS folder from v.4.7 to my new installation of v.7.4 but no macros appear under the menu item 'Macros'.

I have also copied the contents of this USER folder to the Samples folder, as mentioned in the Help menu, but still no macros appear under 'Macros'.

Does v.7.4 use a different method of storing/using macros?

Is there a way of using my macros in v.7.4 - or do I have to record them all again?
Regards,

Mark
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

YOu can check under Configure - Preferences - Folders, where Textpad expects the macros to be.

IIRC the macro folder was under program files/... in early versions of Textpad, and now it is under users/<yourusername>/appdata/... (where it should be, as macros are userdata, not part of the installed program.
MarkN

Macros

Post by MarkN »

Still unable to use my own macros in TextPad 7.

I first used 'Configure - Preferences - Macros' to 'Add' the default macros in 'Macros available' to 'Macros on menu', which resulted in them appearing in the folder C:\Program Files\TextPad 7\Samples.

Then I copied all my own .TPM macro files from my copy of TextPad 4\USER to C:\Program Files\TextPad 7\Samples. But they did not appear under 'Macros' in TextPad 7.

I'm stumped! :(
Regards,

Mark
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

First of all, you shouldn't be putting your .TPM files in C:\Program Files\TextPad 7\Samples. Re-read what MudGuard wrote. Here it is step-by-step:
  1. Click Configure > Preferences > Folders.
  2. Note the location listed next to the Macros entry. Use Windows Explorer or File Explorer to move your .TPM files to this folder.
  3. Click Cancel to close the Preferences dialog.
  4. Click Configure > Preferences > Macros.
  5. You should see your macros listed under Macros available.
  6. Select the macros and click Add >> to move them to the Macros on menu list.
MarkN

Macros

Post by MarkN »

Thank you ak47wong.

That did it! Saved me a lot of trouble remaking all my macros...
Regards,

Mark