"VISIBLE SPACES" Color Preference is not showing

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

no.cache

"VISIBLE SPACES" Color Preference is not showing

Post by no.cache »

Hi guys. With no documents open in Textpad I created a new Class for helping me (once again tsk) managing FF Bookmarks. I probably shouldn't have done this but I added the standard Textpad "HTML Class" to be included with my new class — .MARKS — as a syntax option at the time of creating .MARKS.

Everything went well as I defined my colors until I got to the field for Visible Spaces. Suffice to say .MARKS is a soothing Blue color scheme, with a very light blue as the background and BLACK for the various text fields.

I want .MARKS to display Visible Spaces as YELLOW text on a BLACK background. No matter how many times I try to set the color preference for Visible Spaces it doesn't take. I tried removing the HTML class but it had no effect. Every session — with no documents open in Textpad — I set the preference, it does not take. Help! Thanks everyone.
Trump.
Jesus wept.
margotbean

Post by margotbean »

This is a longshot, but I was having the same problem with .css files. I discovered that in the Configure -> Preferences dialog, no file types were showing as defined for the class. I had to add "*.css" there, and all was well. (I think I had to restart Textpad for the change to take effect.)

Even though I had defined .css files when I created the class, it didn't show up in the Preferences dialog.

It's something to try...

Good luck.