Tab Selector

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Blah

Tab Selector

Post by Blah »

Recently performed the usual MS update, and when I went back to Textpad noticed the appearance had changed. It may be unconnected to the MS update but it was the only thing I recall doing between seeing it as usual and noticing the appearance change.

Most of the stuff I'm not so bothered with but I do want the same windows and suchlike I had on show before.

I even downloaded and installed the .2 version, but saw no noticeable change from doing that.

I noticed the tab selector had appeared at the top. I don’t want that as I have a selection window to the left anyway. I went into preferences/view and unticked the box; but on exit I see the selector is not longer at the top, but it now at the bottom (I'm unsure if it had already been there was well before the preference change).

I'm unsure how to get rid of it if unticking in the preferences didn't achieve that. I did see a cross to the right of the selector and tried it twice before realising it was a joke, and it was closing open files instead.

Anyone know how to remove the tab selector from the view ?

TIA.

PS One other thing, why does the preview button on this forum just throw away all the text one has just typed.
ak47wong

Re: Tab Selector

Post by ak47wong »

Blah wrote:Anyone know how to remove the tab selector from the view ?
View > Document Tabs
Blah wrote:PS One other thing, why does the preview button on this forum just throw away all the text one has just typed.
It doesn't.
Blah

Post by Blah »

Thanks. I had assumed it had to be a setting. That worked.

Re the preview, it most certainly did, 3 times before I gave up reposting and trying to preview it, and simply submitted it.

Although interestingly it seems to have been fixed now as it worked that time.