Find in files status bar doesn't show current file

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

acastles

Find in files status bar doesn't show current file

Post by acastles »

Hi all

As a paid customer since about v3, I upgraded to Textpad 7 recently, and today just upgraded to the most recent, v7.0.7.

The issue that I have is a difference between v7 and previous versions. Previously, in the "Find in files..." command, as Textpad was searching through the files it would display the path to the file that it was currently working on in the status bar. It seems that in version 7 this behaviour no longer happens, the status bar stays empty.

I found this a really useful tool to be able to gauge how far it had got in a search (usually the search is performed in alphabetical order of folder names so if it's got as far as "m" then it's about half way). As it is, I dislike that there is no feedback whatsoever during the search to know if it's going slowly, or there are a lot of files, or it's just got stuck.

Has this feature really been removed or have I just missed something?

I realise that v7.0.7 now includes a change so that a "busy" cursor is displayed in the "Find in files..." dialog box during the search, but I still would prefer to see the name of the file it's currently searching within.

Many thanks,

Andy
acastles

Re: Find in files status bar doesn't show current file

Post by acastles »

Sorry, I forgot to search the forums before posting this. I've just found that the issue is already covered in the following post:
http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=12376