Unable to install 6.22

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jleathlean

Unable to install 6.22

Post by jleathlean »

I'm receiving the following error when I try to upgrade Textpad 6.1 to 6.2.2 during the 'Validating Install' process:

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read form the file [Temporary Files Path]\Setup.msi

I've tried this on multiple machines - including Win7, Win2003, and Win2008R2. All with the same result.
Joseph Leathlean
ChrisJakarta

Post by ChrisJakarta »

I've had similar problems with other programs. You might try to reinstall the earlier version, then try again.

Chris
jleathlean

Post by jleathlean »

ChrisJakarta wrote:I've had similar problems with other programs. You might try to reinstall the earlier version, then try again.

Chris
Tried it - no success.

Uninstalling 6.1 and installing 6.22 fresh did work (and luckily kept all of my custom settings)...

It would appear that there is an issue when performing an upgrade. I tested further by installing 6.1 in a fresh Windows XP Mode VM - and then attempting to upgrade to 6.22 - and it still failed with the same error.
Joseph Leathlean
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

If the following upgrade key exists in the Registry, it may prevent TextPad from performing an upgrade. Anyone experiencing this problem should check the location below for this upgrade key:

724569439A39456C9F18E15D80053540

Here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\UpgradeCodes

Deleting this key may allow the upgrade to proceed.

We always recommend backing up the Registry prior to making any changes.