Strange sorting order in Document Seletor

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Zhiroc

Post by Zhiroc »

paleolith wrote:
Zhiroc wrote:A fairly easy workaround is to tap F11 twice (which closes the Doc selector then reopens it).
Must be a configuration difference here, because this does not work for me. On my setup, F11 only invokes the document selector or returns to the document, and does not open and close it. This is the documented behavior. And it does not re-sort the document list. Perhaps you have modified the F11 key to open/close the document selector?
I've used TextPad for a long time now, maybe it was a default way back when. So for you, look at the View menu, and see if Document Selector has a shortcut key. And if I select that menu item, my Document selector vanishes (and is replaced by the Clip Library). Selecting again brings it back, sorted properly.
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

I see this issue consistently with both 4.7.3 and 6.1.3, on Windows 7. When I rename a file or save a new one, it doesn't get resorted. I never saw it with 4.7.3 on Windows XP.
Nicksgarage

Post by Nicksgarage »

I've had this problem since updating to version 5 and still happens on version 6. It's annoying. When it gets too confusing, I close the document selector and then reopen it and it is then sorted properly.

And this is on a W7 computer that I started out with Textpad 4 on.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

We reported this as a bug in Vista to Microsoft in 2007. They obviously haven't fixed it yet!

We'll try to implement a workaround.
Nicksgarage

Post by Nicksgarage »

I don't seem to have this problem in any other apps. Just Textpad.
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

bbadmin wrote:We reported this as a bug in Vista to Microsoft in 2007. They obviously haven't fixed it yet!

We'll try to implement a workaround.
Thank you. That's good to know.