Still in business?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

JohnSays

Still in business?

Post by JohnSays »

Is TexPad still in business? I tried to contact them through support@textpad.com and the message bounced. I also tried the online email system and it gives a similar error. So no way of contacting them?
JohnSays
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

My messages to support@textpad.com are not bouncing.
JohnSays

Post by JohnSays »

Thanks. Then I will try an different email to send from.
JohnSays
JohnSays

Post by JohnSays »

I used a different email address to send from and that bounced to. When was the last time you tried to email them?

See below:

"This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

">>> support@textpad.com (reading confirmation): 554 5.7.1 Mail (id-33115-04309) appears to be unsolicited - totalscore(47) over MessageScoringUpperLimit - resend with the code ny6uqury appended to subject and ask to have your email whitelisted (the code ny6uqury changes each 24 hours).
"221 closing transmission"
JohnSays
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

and what happened when you resent the mail with the given code?

The last response I got from Textpad people was on 5th March, a few hours after my request.
JohnSays

Post by JohnSays »

I assume by "code" you are referring to the security code on the web site. I get the following error each time:

"SendMail error: Failed to add recipient: support@textpad.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Verification failed for Unrouteable address Sender verify failed)]"
JohnSays
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

He's referring to the code mentioned in the mail system error message that you quoted above but perhaps didn't read.

(That code will have expired by now. You'll need a fresh one.)
JohnSays

Post by JohnSays »

You have got to be kidding me. That is the most absurd way to block one's own business i have ever seen. The mishmash of lettering that has to be typed in is nearly indicpherable and took me -- each time-- many refreshes before I could find one that I could ALMOST read. Now this! Unbelievable.
JohnSays
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

I don't have an opinion about the email situation, but it is unusual that neither helios nor bbadmin have posted in these forums for almost 1½ months.
textpad-fan

Post by textpad-fan »

Try to PM them. According to bbadmin the next release of TexPad is scheduled for March.
PeteTheBloke

Post by PeteTheBloke »

Wow! A new release scheduled. That's brilliant.

No one wants updates the Microsoft way (or Google way), but the TP way is extreme in the other direction!
PeteTheBloke

Post by PeteTheBloke »

PS Just had a look at the releases over the last few years - there was only one in 2011, which followed an enthusiastic burst of 6 updates during the three-year period of 2008-10.

We could be due a period of dormancy. I wonder if the sunspot cycle is influential?
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

JohnSays wrote:You have got to be kidding me. That is the most absurd way to block one's own business i have ever seen. The mishmash of lettering that has to be typed in is nearly indicpherable and took me -- each time-- many refreshes before I could find one that I could ALMOST read. Now this! Unbelievable.
Why are you manually typing in the code? Just copy and paste it.
sosimple

Post by sosimple »

JohnSays wrote:I used a different email address to send from and that bounced to. When was the last time you tried to email them?

See below:

"This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

">>> support@textpad.com (reading confirmation): 554 5.7.1 Mail (id-33115-04309) appears to be unsolicited - totalscore(47) over MessageScoringUpperLimit - resend with the code ny6uqury appended to subject and ask to have your email whitelisted (the code ny6uqury changes each 24 hours).
"221 closing transmission"
Hi JohnSays,

This is an effort to limit/reduce the amount of Spam that TextPad Support receives.

This is just a "simpler"/different/less-automated way to perform a "challenge/response" that some other anti-spam email systems use.

You should only have to "jump-through-the-hoop" once to "permanently" (or hopefully, at least for a reasonable length of time) add your email address to TextPad's white-list.

So, if you sent an email with the subject: "I need help with 'XYZ'.", and that email "bounced" back to you with the "error" message as you previously described, then prepare the email to send again, with the same subject. Then look in the returned error message to find the code (which was "ny6uqury" as shown in your post). Then as suggested by Drxenos, select the code and "copy" it then "paste" it to the end of the subject for your new message like: "I need help with 'XYZ'.ny6uqury" and re-send the message. This should add you to their whitelist and you should not have to do this again, or at least for a while.

Also, as mentioned by ben_josephs, this code will have already expired (expires daily), so you will have to repeat this one more time to first get the new/current code.

I hope this helps to explain things.

Kevin