Textpad on 64-bit Windows 7 taskbar

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

derrf

Textpad on 64-bit Windows 7 taskbar

Post by derrf »

I have Textpad pinned to the Windows 7 taskbar. Whenever I click on another taskbar app, the focus switches back to Textpad, rather than to the app I clicked on. I must first click on Textpad again to minimize it before I can switch to another app.

I tried unpinning Textpad, but the same behavior happens in this case when Textpad is present on the taskbar.

I believe this just started happening a few days ago. I think it worked fine before then.

This behavior is really annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?
apattin

Post by apattin »

I have the same problem, I think. If textpad is open and not minimized, I cannot click on the taskbar to switch to another app, as textpad retains the focus. This is 100% annoying and did not use to happen. Oh, and Textpad is NOT pinned.
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Is
Configure | Preferences | View | Stay on top of other windows
or, equivalently,
<Alt+Space> | Stay on Top
selected?
apattin

Post by apattin »

Well, duh. Yes it was. HOWEVER, I can swear I did not select this option all on myself alone, since I did not know it existed. This must have happened during an update!

Thanks for helping, it was so annoying.
derrf

Post by derrf »

This was my problem. I did not set this option. Is Alt+Space a keyboard shortcut to set this option?
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

Alt+Space opens the system menu. The "Stay on Top" option is on that menu.

The other way you might have accidentally set it is by right-clicking the TextPad icon on the Windows taskbar and selecting "Stay on Top" there.