SQL Support

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ocertain

SQL Support

Post by ocertain »

First, let me say that I LOVE Textpad, I bought it over a decade ago and I really appreciate the fact that the purchase I made so long ago still entitles me to free upgrades.

TextPad is my text editor of choice and I use it everyday that I'm working. Over the years I've found myself working more and more with SQL. I use TextPad to write large, complex SQL scripts (mostly for SQL Server). It works well and I'm happy to use it as is but it would be great if TextPad supplied the same support for SQL scripts as it does for HTML or C programming.

Thanks for such a great product!
Olice
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

What do you mean by "support for SQL scripts"? Do you mean syntax highlighting? Have you tried some of the syntax definition files here?
ocertain

Post by ocertain »

ak47wong wrote:What do you mean by "support for SQL scripts"? Do you mean syntax highlighting? Have you tried some of the syntax definition files here?
Exactly. No, I haven't tried searching for syntax definition files. Didn't know they existed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited.

Well, there are a few syntax definitions for SQL Server but they're all for SQL Server 2000 and earlier. There's been quite a lot added to T-SQL since then. Anybody know where I can find a syntax definition for SQL Server 2008? Preferably R2.
ocertain

Post by ocertain »

Never mind. I found one that works well enough and with a little tweaking, it'll be 100%. Thanks!
trids

Post by trids »

:idea: You might also like to execute your SQL scripts/queries from within textpad .. if so, then see my post here :D

You would just need to modify it to run isql.exe .. or is it osql.exe(?) Can't remember the SQL Server commandline interface off-hand.