Courier New
40%
Lucida Console
10%
Andale Mono
No votes
Consolas
15%
Bitstream Vera (and derivatives e.g. DejaVu)
15%
Other (fixed-width font)
15%
Other (variable-width font)
No votes
Don’t know, don’t care, I use whatever is default
5%

Total votes: 20

SteveH

Poll: What font do you use in TextPad

Post by SteveH »

Forgive posting this in enhancements. It’s not an enhancement request, I’m just curious to see what fonts people use in TextPad.

I tend to obsess on this topic and haven’t yet found my perfect fixed width font. At the moment I’m favouring Droid Sans Mono but have run through many from Andale Mono, HE_TERMINAL, Consolas etc. My key requirements are that I like to use the same font an a Mac and PC (which is actually quite difficult) and iy must have a good range of Unicode characters (not so important in TextPad).

I’m curious to see what the distribution is among TP users and also why you chose the font you use.
Running TextPad 5.4 on Windows XP SP3 and on OS X 10.7 under VMWare or Crossover.
wemagor

Perfect font

Post by wemagor »

I found the perfect font for programming several years ago. It's called DejaVu. Google for it. There are both fixed space and proportionate ones available. It's a TrueType font of course.

Hope that helps.
sosimple

Post by sosimple »

I am currently using "Courier New" font, but only because it is the default.

I am not too particular about fonts, but the one thing hate about "Courier New" is that the period (.) and even the comma (,) are too light... it is easy to have an extra (.) or (,) here or there after editing that is not easily seen.

I would love to find a Fixed-width font that shows these in a little heavier weight.

I will take a look at the DejaVu font that was mentioned.

Any suggestions for other Fixed-width fonts ?

Kevin
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Droid Sans is an excellent (free) font.
Running TextPad 5.4 on Windows XP SP3 and on OS X 10.7 under VMWare or Crossover.