Can't run program in Vista

Using the Java SDK with TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

binunda

Can't run program in Vista

Post by binunda »

I just got Vista the other day and have installed Textpad 5.2. I can't execute my program. I keep getting this message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Program Files (x86)\JavaFX\Test/java
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\JavaFX\Test.java
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
Could not find the main class: C:\Program Files (x86)\JavaFX\Test.java. Program will exit.
Exception in thread "main"
Tool completed with exit code 1

When I used Textpad with XP, the option to compile, run applet, etc were available now they aren't.

PLEASE HELP.....
kAlvaro

Re: Can't run program in Visat

Post by kAlvaro »

binunda wrote:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: C:\Program Files (x86)\JavaFX\Test/java
Program Files (x86) is a system folder. You should not use it to store your personal projects or data in any Windows version, but Vista has specific features to protect system files that should definitively discourage you. More specifically, when a process that doesn't have administrator privileges tries to create or modify a file in a system folder Windows silently creates a copy of the file in the user profile (google for VirtualStore if you are curious about the details) and the original file remains untouched.

Just use your personal Documents folder or create a top level folder for coding stuff.
binunda wrote:When I used Textpad with XP, the option to compile, run applet, etc were available now they aren't.
I believe they aren't there by default, not even in XP. Find the "Tools" section in TextPad settings and add them.
eriknox

Post by eriknox »

Like I told the other guy on another post. I had the same problem, unstall JDK and Textpad..Reinstall JDK for windows 32 bit version (it does not matter if you have 64 bit)and then Textpad. It should work for you then..