Macros

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

wconsult

Macros

Post by wconsult »

Is it possible to load someone else's macros into my TextPad5? If so, how?
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Yes.

Copy the filename.tpm files into the macro directory that you have designated in Configure/Preferences/Folders/Macros.

If you make that folder a shared location in a network, then all TextPad users can use the same single macro file.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
seneca

Post by seneca »

Hmmm. So are textpad 4's macros not compliant with textpad 5.1? I just installed the new version and copied all my .TPM files into the correct directory, but 99% of them aren't showing up in the macro list. Only one of them is showing up for some reason...
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

What do you mean by the "macro list"?

If you mean the list of macros from the Main Menu bar, you need to add them from the "macro list" that I was referring to.

From the Main Menu: Configure/Preferences/Macros/Macros Available. Select from this list to add to the list on the right side. Those on the right side will end up on the dropdown list on the Main Menu bar.

The ones in the list on the left come from the path that you have defined for macros in Configure/Preferences/Folders/Macros.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
seneca

Post by seneca »

Bob Hansen wrote:What do you mean by the "macro list"?

If you mean the list of macros from the Main Menu bar, you need to add them from the "macro list" that I was referring to.

From the Main Menu: Configure/Preferences/Macros/Macros Available. Select from this list to add to the list on the right side. Those on the right side will end up on the dropdown list on the Main Menu bar.

The ones in the list on the left come from the path that you have defined for macros in Configure/Preferences/Folders/Macros.
AHhhhh! Thank you! Yup. All my macros are showing up in there. I didn't know I had to go into the preferences and "turn on" the selectability of my macros in order to be able to use them or bind hotkeys to them. Thanks! All fixed. :)