About Textpad 5 ...

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mp

About Textpad 5 ...

Post by mp »

I've been using Textpad for well over a decade. I paid the $27 dollars once. I've received free upgrades for doing beta testing way back in the 1990's. I've seen Textpad grow from a very capable editor to an outstanding editor that is always my first choice when I need to ASCII bash.

I've also been witness to an unbelievable amount of immaturity, impatience and entitlement by many members of this community. I believe the result of that constant badgering is the premature release of version 5.0.

I say --

"Take your time Keith, Stephen and fellow Helios folk to do it right and according to your schedule, not schedules imposed or dictated by anyone else. Thank you for the wonderful product that Textpad is and all the pleasurable editing I've done with your product over the years. I look forward to the stable release of Textpad 5.x and wish you and all your staff continued success and more importantly, much happiness -- from which great things spring."

Be well.

Michael Puckett
(no affiliation other than a past beta tester)
/* Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be discovered. Carl Sagan. */
Drxenos

Re: About Textpad 5 ...

Post by Drxenos »

mp wrote:ASCII bash.
I like that!
a097005

I agree!!

Post by a097005 »

TP is a great product that has paid for itself 35 gazillion times at our company. Compared to the cost/benefit ratio of other software, TextPad is possibly the best piece of software on this developers machine.
Joe