Textpad 5 Toolbars Not Customizable

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

tarraccas

Textpad 5 Toolbars Not Customizable

Post by tarraccas »

I can click and drag the command buttons but Textpad isn't allowing me to drop them onto the toolbar ... even with buttons already on the toolbar in question. They just vanish on click up and the toolbar must be reset to get them back.

I'm running Textpad 5 on Windows 2000.
~T
ACRobin

Post by ACRobin »

Customising the tool bars is also a problem for me under win2000, not tried XP Pro yet. I am trying to get the "Next" and "previous" document buttons onto the "standard" tool bar, or at least on their own.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Same here.

I'm running Windows XP SP2
dixonc

Post by dixonc »

Fraid it's the same for me - Windows 2000.

What I can do is drag and drop new items into the menus and add a new menu where I can drag and drop what I want :D Just cannot add to the toolbars themselves :(
tarraccas

Post by tarraccas »

I just noticed that if you right click on the buttons in customize mode that there are options to change or directly edit the look of them. Be nice to change the look of the tool icons.
~T
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I just downloaded and installed Version 5.0 today over my previous version of 4.7.3. I also cannot customize the toolbars. I can drag an existing icon from a toolbar, but I cannot put anything new out of the customize list onto the main toolbar. I am running XP Pro SP2.
werelord

Post by werelord »

appears to be some sort of object type issue.. You can drag and drop the "Built-In Menu" items onto the toolbars, or you can drag and drop the toolbar buttons onto a Menu item, but you vice-versa doesn't work.. This suggests to me that the toolbar buttons are identified as Menu items, and the menu items are identified as toolbar buttons..

Big question remains; is it going to take 2 1/2 years to fix??

My workaround:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Select "Textpad 5"
click "Remove"
reinstall Textpad 4.73
Mark Radford

Post by Mark Radford »

werelord wrote:appears to be some sort of object type issue.. You can drag and drop the "Built-In Menu" items onto the toolbars, or you can drag and drop the toolbar buttons onto a Menu item, but you vice-versa doesn't work.. This suggests to me that the toolbar buttons are identified as Menu items, and the menu items are identified as toolbar buttons..
It's annoying the Hell out of me. I just decided to build an HTML interface for some bumph that people need, so I talked my boss into using his credit card to pay for a TP license (running a purchase order would have ended up costing us more than the license, and he has an exes account), only to find that I'm stuck with default-ish toolbars!

The toolbar config appears to be stored in:
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Helios\TextPad\5.0\config.xml
The file is editable, but without knowing what all the codes and such mean, there's not much point wasting time on it.

werelord wrote:Big question remains; is it going to take 2 1/2 years to fix??

My workaround:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Select "Textpad 5"
click "Remove"
reinstall Textpad 4.73
Good idea. I'll go and get my computer back, from where it landed in the car park.
CrisCia

Customize tool bar...

Post by CrisCia »

I can not customize toolbars whit winXp

Ciao
Thank you!

Ciao.

P.S. I'm sorry for my english .... but i try