"Cannot jump to item under cursor"

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Talulah

"Cannot jump to item under cursor"

Post by Talulah »

I've set up Lint to generate an output of the form shown below. This allows me to jump to the line and column that the error is on, using the regular expression

^\([A-Za-z0-9:\\\._]+\) \([0-9]+\) \([0-9]+\)

I have set up two tools, one which runs Lint on the current file, and one that runs it on all files in the project. When I run the Lint All tool, it understandably produces exactly the same errors for the file in question (AcMag.c) as running the Lint File tool. However, when I double click on the Lint All output, it jumps to the position of the error correctly. When I double click on the line in the Lint File Command Results page, I get the error "Cannot jump to item under cursor".

The poject was compied lock stock and barrel from my old PC, where double clicking on both Command Results pages works fine.

I have tried restarting Textpad, and restarting the whole PC. I have tried with the "Use POSIX regular expresion syntax" checkbox ticked and unticked (the regex above works in the Lint All even when this is ticked for some reason, even though it uses the SED \( and \) operators). I can't think of anything else to try.

Has anyone any idea what's going on?

-------------------------------------
Output from lint:

PC-lint for C/C++ (NT) Ver. 7.50q, Copyright Gimpel Software 1985-1999
--- Module: C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c

--- Module: C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c
AcMagTamperDeviation[2] * AcMagTamperDeviation[2];
^
C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c 102 72 Info 732: Loss of sign (assignment) (long to unsigned long)
AcMagTamperAverage = AcMagTamperAccumulator / AcMagTamperCount;
^
C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c 116 83 Info 712: Loss of precision (assignment) (long to int)
if (PreviousAcMagTamper == true)
^
--- Global Wrap-up

Info 714: Symbol 'AcMagTamper' (line 35, file C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c) not referenced
Info 714: Symbol 'AcMagZero' (line 42, file C:\Projects\India\Software\Src\AcMag.c) not referenced

Tool completed with exit code 8
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

TextPad, very helpfully, uses the regex style in force when the regular expression was set in the preferences dialogue box, regardless of which style is in force at the time it is used.

Have you tried resetting the regular expression while non-Posix mode is in effect?
Talulah

Post by Talulah »

I managed to fix it by going into the Windows registry and exporting Textpad's Preferences and Tools folders, then exporting it into the new PC.

It could be something to do with the POSIX / SED settings and what it was when I typed in the regex. Now it's working I can't face trying things out to see what the problem actually was!

Thanks anyway