Why was my post deleted?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

dhergert

Why was my post deleted?

Post by dhergert »

I recently made a reply to the post "Is TextPad dead?" (http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7142) and it was deleted by the admins. I received an email from the message board with a link (http://textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23893#23893) but the link no longer points to any post. Why was it deleted?

I understand the admins have a right to remove any post they deem objectionable. But was it because I mentioned PSPad, a competitor to Textpad? There was another poster in the thread that also mentioned it and that post is gone too. Whats going on?

If you find it threatening that people are kicking around other product names, I think its your own fault. The reason is because Helios has been unable to respond to its user's requests for any information about future releases. Its a ground-swelling that I think should have been alleviated a long time ago (and I think it still can be). I believe TextPad is a wonderful product and I can only hope is does well in the future, but if this is how its company is choosing to run things, I am sure you will begin to lose more customers.

Please do not delete or lock this thread. Own up to things and respond as a company should to its users who are grasping for everything and anything.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

I also made a reply to the post "Is TextPad dead?" and it was also deleted.
I did not mention PSPad so I gather a third or even a fourth post was also deleted since I seem to remember posting twice in the thread mentioned above.
Mentioning other tools here is not new and has been done at least several times before.
I too would like to know why these posts were deleted.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

And my thread was locked but not deleted.

What a way to treat your customers.
TextPad redneck since 1999.
NinjaLabs is now CSWD Limited!
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

Regarding to PSPad. I don't like it ... yet. I'm determined to switch to it though.
kindlerm

Post by kindlerm »

Same for me :-(. A few weeks ago I started a thread with the same topic (there were no current threads with this topic at that time) (http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7023) and it was locked without any comment.

This has positive and negative points:
positive: helios is (still) kicking and alive. Hopefully they are not only stopping unwanted dicussions but working on something useful.

negative: this is really not the way to deal with paying customers. I myself have bought Textpad several times at several companies. But this is really not the way of customer-oriented marketing everyone says hew would do.
So, Helios: please (shout: PLEASE!!!) give us a hint!

Martin
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

No hints - positive proof!

I integrated Textpad via DDE into a fairly extensive asset tracking system for an MoD contractor. There are over 600 distinct users in the company (all paid for!) I don't work there now but the fact that a new version hasn't been around for ages and Helios aren't saying anything is going to ruin their confidence.
helios

Post by helios »

We have stated before that we don't allow advertising of other products that are in competition with TextPad, on this Forum. However, I apologise for deleting the whole thread. In future, as long as there is no malicious intent, we will just delete the product reference and leave the rest of the comment intact.

To answer the main question being asked - Is Texpad still being developed?
Could Jimi Hendrix play the guitar? You can't get more positive than that.
Helios Software Solutions
kindlerm

Post by kindlerm »

Thanks Stephen for telling the community!

We all know that Jimmy Hendrix could play the guitar ... but he didn't do it for quite some time :-)

Martin