Search dialog position doesn't save.

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jburnett

Search dialog position doesn't save.

Post by jburnett »

I posted this a while ago and didn't get a response. Thought I'd try again... has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

-----------------------------

For some reason, my search/replace dialog isn't sticky between sessions of textpad. It seems to always pop up next to the upper-right corner of the main window. Is that correct behaviour? I could almost swear it wasn't like that before, though I may just be "mis-remembering".

While hunting through the registry for where this may (or may not) be saved, I found a key under HKCU\Software\Helios\Textpad 4\Window Placement\ called Search. It didn't update at all when closing textpad, and upon deleting it, it hasn't re-appeared. So I'm guessing it was left over from a previous version of textpad that DID save the dialog position. Is this a bug?
eepgmik

Same here

Post by eepgmik »

I was just searching on the forums for evidence of just this behaviour - except for me the search box keeps coming up right over the text (rather than top right!) so it's annoying to me. The position doesn't seem to be saved between sessions anymore.

Unless there's a setting I'm missing?

Martin Kemp
AndrewKember

Post by AndrewKember »

I have similar behaviour, only the position is not saved across uses of the find dialogue, let alone across TextPad sessions.

If I bring up the find dialogue, and move it to where I want it (from top-left to top-right); perform my search and then close it, the next time I bring it up, it's top-left again.

In a previous installation (same version) the find dialogue came up top right. This could have been a default, or it could have been where I put it - I'm not sure as it was a convenient place. Now, it's decidedly inconvenient.

I'll let you know if I get any joy changing this behaviour.

By the way, the differences in my setup are mostly that I'm using XP instead of Win2K and that I now have two monitors. I doubt that either of these is causing the problem, but I've heard of stranger things.
Andrew Kember
AndrewKember

Post by AndrewKember »

I have resolved this problem on my machine - it was the dual monitor utility which forced window placement.

In my case, it's an Nvidia utility. This morning, I went through the options and un-checked everything (to cure another problem) and when I used Textpad, I realised that it remembered my Find dialogue position, which defaulted to top right as it used to.
:-)
Hope this helps.
Andrew Kember