enter isn't creating a new line

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jameshanley39

enter isn't creating a new line

Post by jameshanley39 »

when i press enter it doesn't create a new line, it just moves the cursor down as if you press the down arrow.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

See TP's help file under "Maintain indentation - Automatically indent each new line by the same amount as the preceding line". Hope this helps.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

If that doesn't work, make sure you're not in Overwrite mode (lower right corner, Ovr, is the indicator). Hit the Insert key to correct this.
I choose to fight with a sack of angry cats.
jameshanley39

re

Post by jameshanley39 »

The textpad im having trouble with is on my work computer and i'm at home now. it might be on overwrite, though I don't remember a block cursor. At work -where i have the prob - I have the latest version. At home I have v4.7.1

Looking at this from home, regarding "Maintain indentation - Automatically indent each new line by the same amount as the preceding line" I can't find that option in help or in preferences.
thanks
s_reynisson

Re: re

Post by s_reynisson »

Sorry, you're right, the help file does not lead you directly to the info needed as you have to click around a bit until you reach "Defining Document Class Properties". In any case, look under Configure->Preferences->Document Classes->Default. Top item in the list on right. As this option is under Document Classes pls close all open documents in TP first. HTH
jameshanley wrote:.. regarding "Maintain indentation - Automatically indent each new line by the same amount as the preceding line" I can't find that option in help ..
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be