freezing on open by context menu

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

muh-Kuh

freezing on open by context menu

Post by muh-Kuh »

hi

got some nasty problem here, whenever i open something by the "TextPad" context menu entry, the app im in [mostly explorer] will freeze and textpad wont even start ... however, when TextPad is already startet, this will work just fine :/
And as soon as i close TextPad this will again cause explorer to freeze ... well, so i did a clean reinstall, but that didnt help ... can anyone help me on this one?

muh-Kuh
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

This post might help you, same problem description for version 4.7.2 on a Win2k pro sp4 system. No reply on it though.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
muh-Kuh

Post by muh-Kuh »

hmmmm, its not really the same since textpad doenst even start empty here ... i found that one but like u said, no replies there, so its not really usefull to me :/
maybe i should say im using winxp pro sp1 with LiteStep as my shell and TextPad 4.7.2 - same as before i did a fresh install of windows so its not some newer or older version involved here ... just saw theres 4.7.3 available, if its solving my problem theres gonna be a next post in a couple of minutes ...
ceric

Post by ceric »

If TP is set to minimize to tray, and set to run only one instance at a time, and it is minimized that might be an explanation ...
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

lol - slaps self - ceric's post rings a bell, try disabling the startup tips! HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
muh-Kuh

Post by muh-Kuh »

TP is set to start multiple instances and not to start minimized ... all default settings here - playing with the settings doesnt change anything either :(