TextPad as eclipse Plug-In

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

torsten

TextPad as eclipse Plug-In

Post by torsten »

I would be pretty happy, if it is possible to develop a version of TextPad as eclipse Plug-In...
g_something

yes!

Post by g_something »

i've switched over to eclipse completely, with the oxygen plug-in, but it would be really nice to have a text-pad option for jsp, and js editing.
BenjiSmith

Post by BenjiSmith »

Yeah, I'm using eclipse a lot these days, too. Its refactoring features are indispensable for editing Java code.

But I still find myself wanting the basic basic stuff that TextPad provides so elegantly. Like CONTROL-u and CONTROL-l for upper/lower-casing text. Damn, that's handy. It'd also be nice if the regex support for the eclipse editor was as well-devloped as the Textpad regex replacements.
Mark Rejhon

Post by Mark Rejhon »

Actually, it would be possible to make a "glue" wrapper utility to make TextPad an Eclipse plug-in. You would need to write the wrapper program though, and the wrapper needs to be an Eclipse-compatible plugin, but it would spawn TextPad. In fact, TextPad can even be an IDE itself now:

Please see this thread:
Turning TextPad into an IDE for any programming language!
Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com
(to contact me, please use the spamproof link at bottom of any page on my website)