document tab navigation

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

markbravington

document tab navigation

Post by markbravington »

I get very confused by the jump sequence between tabbed documents that happens with CTRL-TAB and SHIFT-CTRL-TAB. In (e.g.) Delphi, CTRL-TAB always moves you one tab to the right, SHIFT-CTRL-TAB moves you one to the left (with wraparound of course). Instead, Textpad tries to "remember" where you were and hops around in (for me) an annoyingly unpredictable way.

It would be nice to have commands for "Switch tab to the right" and "switch tab to the left ; this wouldn't disrupt functionality for those who like things the way they are, but I could re-associate CTRL-TAB and SHIFT-CTRL-TAB to these.

NB also several suggestions elsewhere in this forum to improve visibility of the active tab.

Mark
Jason Shallcross

Tabbing

Post by Jason Shallcross »

I too find it difficult at times to predict which tab will be selected next. This is made worse by the fact that when you reload a workspace, it opens the files in a different order!
Frank Fesevur

Post by Frank Fesevur »

I've requested this directly to the guys of TextPad, but it didn't make it in the 4.7.1 release. I would love to assign these commands to the Back and Forward buttons of my Internet keyboard.